How to make Sausage Casserole
- Snip the chipolata sausages into 1 inch bitesize chunks. Add the oil to a large frying pan and cook the sausages and onions for 5 mins. Snip the bacon into small pieces and add to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the sausage, bacon and onions are all nicely browned.
- Add the sliced red pepper and garlic and cook for another minute or two.
- Add red wine and continue cooking until reduced by half.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, beef stock cube and tomato ketchup and simmer for 30 minutes or alternatively, transfer to a casserole dish and oven cook at 180°C (Electric oven | Electric fan oven 160°C | Gas Mark 4) for half an hour or so. Add more water as required if it is drying out too much.
- Season with salt and pepper amd serve with rice, chips, mash, pasta...
Rate this Sausage Casserole Recipe